I have been coaching now for some time and one of the things I have noticed is that many people don’t take care of themselves first.
This always reminds me of the announcement on planes – put your own oxygen mask on first before helping others. If we don’t take care of ourselves first, how can we be authentic in assisting and advising others?
I love the way so many people give advice freely yet are really saying – do as I say not as I do!! So how good are you at self care?
I came across these great questions in a recent Mind Movies Newsletter that might help you become a little better or more aware of self care that might shift your mindset:
1. What am I not saying, that needs to be said?
2. Do I feel unheard or left out?
3. What fear am I afraid to face?
4. Am I holding onto resentment or guilt?
5. Do I have an abundance mindset?
6. Do my everyday choices bring me long-term fulfilment or simply instant gratification?
7. Do I use situations to grow and evolve or to beat myself up?
8. Have I said something gentle and loving to myself in the last hour or even day?
9. Am I appreciative of all the things in my life?
10. So what does self-care really mean for me?
Self care sometimes means taking a deep, long breath. Sometimes it’s just shutting down your computer. Sometimes it’s a good cry and other times it’s going deeper into your core and facing your fears. For me this week, my self-care practice involved quiet reflection while walking along the beach.
Hopefully asking yourself these 10 questions might result in a healthier and happier you.
BEFORE YOU SPEAK…..THINK
T= Is it True?
H= Is it Helpful?
I= Is it Inspiring?
N= Is it Necessary?
K= Is it Kind?
For more information on MindShifts Coaching and Mentoring Programs please click here, or get in touch today.