Beliefs are thoughts in our heads that influence our emotions, behaviours, attitudes, and actions. Some beliefs can be empowering, which can lead us to great success, or self limiting which stops us from achieving our goals.
However, we need to be cognisant that beliefs are only thoughts and that they are not real. With the power of choice we can change our thoughts whenever we want to. We have the power to choose what we want to believe and not believe. Successful people have chosen to believe in thoughts that empower them. What are you going to choose?
Here are some empowering beliefs that I have come across:
- I am not afraid, only excited for what is ahead
- I am responsible for the life I create – The choices I make are ultimately my own responsibility.
- Failure means nothing to me – I look for outcomes and if the outcomes are not what I expect, then I assess what I need to do to change those outcomes
- I embrace challenges because I will always find a way to overcome
- I am the person who has to decide. Whether I will do it or toss it aside; I am the person who makes up my mind.
- Vulnerability is the birthplace of love, joy, courage, creativity and empathy. Vulnerability gives me strength and fuels my belief in me.
- The past was who I was, the present is who I am and the future is who I may become.
- I am on a continuous journey of learning, which will never end.
- I accept that sometimes I can stuff up, make mistakes and that I am not perfect however I never stop trying to be the best person I can be.
- I always dream big. I strive for that which is out of my reach as the impossible is worth striving for.
One of my favourite quotes is from Lao Tzu –
Watch your thoughts, they become words
Watch your words, they become actions
Watch your actions, they become habits
Watch your habits, they become character
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.
Do you want to change some of your thoughts?
The first step to changing how you think is to decide what the results are when you act on your existing beliefs.
Don’t worry at this stage whether your beliefs are right or wrong. Just stop and question: What are your key beliefs about yourself and your life now? What are the consequences of those beliefs in your life today? How do these thoughts serve you?
Now for the next 10 days choose one empowering belief and repeat it three times a day – preferably looking at yourself in a mirror. Each day try to behave and act in a way that supports the thought that you have chosen. Then watch how you begin to feel different and begin to transform.
Once you commit to living your life as an empowered individual you will have no option but to experience a life full of success and fulfilment.
Why wouldn’t you?
Let me help you bust those self-limiting beliefs, send me an email today at email@example.com.