Are you pursing the goals that matter most to you?
Are you satisfied with your level of success?
Are you glad to be where you are in life?
Are you playing YOUR own game or are you playing someone else’s game?
Everything seems hard. We are all busy and we are all tired. We all don’t have enough money. We all know someone who says we can’t or that we would never make it. And then we are worried with what comes next. Are these excuses familiar to you?
What about these –
- Fear of change
- Fear of failure
- Fear of not being good enough
- Waiting for something to happen
- Being overwhelmed with all that you have to do
- Not knowing how
Well guess what – there is a battle going on….. and it is between your ears!!
Don’t surrender. While your fears may be real they are not good enough reasons for inaction. Your biggest work is in front of you.
So here are some tips to help you overcome your excuses –
- Identify your goal and embrace it. Use this question as a start. What do you want the change to look like? How will that give your life meaning? Think about it – even go for a walk to reflect on it.
- Create the space – even a small space (or time) to make a change.
- Be accountable to someone while surrounding yourself with others making similar changes themselves.
- Take small steps that will move you forward. Movement begets movement. Now take another small step…… and change is created.
It is really time to decide what you intend to do next and what the next few years will mean to you.