5 Work And Personal Habits To Start Now!
Every day you make choices. Those choices create your actions. Your actions become your habits. And your habits define your life.
Below are some wonderful suggestions to get you started in developing good habits in your daily life, and to kick start positive change. You can always start any day, any time, a new habit. After all each moment in your life is new.
- Turn off your phone after hours – or one day per week. Let the important people know what you are doing, and ways to contact you in an emergency.
- Check your emails only twice daily and let people know this in your email signature. This is what I do!
- Have a clear agenda for all meetings, and set a time frame, both of which you communicate to the other participants. Practice this, until it works for you.
- Have all participants turn off their mobiles so the focus stays on the meeting.
- Start having “walking meetings”, especially when discussing a difficult topic – you’d be surprised how much easier it is to walk and talk, and the effect it can have on your relationships.
- Do not email first thing in the morning or last thing at night. Make first thing in the morning your productive time, and switch off at night for a better sleep. Plan your emails taking this into account.
- Turn off your mobile phone when out with friends – and get your friends to do the same. The focus should be on your time together.
- Say “no” when something doesn’t suit or you don’t have the time to commit. Do it thoughtfully and offer alternatives.
- Spend 30 minutes a day doing something for you – walking, reading a book, listening to music, whatever makes you feel good. Let everyone else know this is your time and you are not to be disturbed.
- Start a gratitude journal – and write three things per day that you are grateful for.
- De-clutter your life: select one task a week and do it! Do a before and after review to be clear in your mind what you have achieved.
Do you have difficulty creating new habits and sticking with your goals? Click here to get a complimentary one-on-one coaching session. This is limited to the first 5 people who book.